On turning 40

By now you're probably all aware that the 19th of May is a very special date.  Yup - Prince Harry is to marry Ms. Meghan Markle at St George's Chapel, Windsor.  They do make a lovely couple and I wish them all the best.

But I shall be having secondary celebrations of my own!  I will be celebrating my 40th birthday, hurrah!  According to the Huffington Post, I can look forward to being stronger, more resilient and knowing my own mind.  The Metro paints a less encouraging picture though - I'm not sure I'm ready to tick the 40+ box on surveys and I don't yet have friends who are grandparents.

My friends who have already turned 40 this year have taken their birthdays in their stride.  One is preparing to become a first time mum, another went on the trip of a lifetime to Asia and the Caribbean.  Another is having her third celebration this month, and why not!  We only turn 40 once, and doesn't life begin at 40 anyway!!

On turning 40
Photo by Andreas Weiland on Unsplash

To my surprise I'm not finding the thought of turning 40 overly daunting.  Have I achieved everything I wanted to by now?  Probably not.  Is the world going to end?  Probably not.  I certainly have enough time left to give life a jolly good go!

So watch out world - this mid-lifer is coming to get you!!

Forty isn't old, if you're a tree

Comments

Anonymous said…
Your birthday is no second to the royal wedding! Happy Birthday you ;)

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday scones

I am not my hair

Top 3 Things to do in Rarotonga, Cook Islands