Put first things first

In a previous blog post I mentioned Stephen R. Covey's second habit in his book,  'The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People'.  Last week I was reminded of his third habit Put First Things First.  First things are those which you personally find of most worth, and by putting them first you are organising and managing your time according to your own priorities.

In my case I should have put myself first.  But it was a busy week at work and I had a long to do list before going off on holiday.  I hadn't been feeling well and had been to the doctor.  But 5 days later, I knew something still wasn't quite right but just didn't make the time to go back to the doctor.  By the time I did, I ended up in hospital overnight.  

Luckily I was still able to go on holiday, even if I couldn't swim or be physically active.  But this has been a wake up call for me - I need to take better care of myself.

I'll leave you with another great quote from Dr Seuss:
"Today you are you, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is youer than you."

















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday scones

I am not my hair

Top 3 Things to do in Rarotonga, Cook Islands