Friday is Chai Day

I think it's safe to say that everyone who works a 5 day week loves Fridays!  TGIF or Thank Goodness is Friday was a happy phrase I used to hear on the radio while getting ready for school.  Most organisations have 'Dress down Fridays' which also helps to ease us into the weekend.

But for me, the thing I look forward to most is a Friday treat.  I love chai lattes.  I know these are not as authentic as the original masala chai tea which is a black tea with a mixture of spices like ginger, cardamom, cinnamon and cloves.  Chai tea even has anti-inflammatory and anti-nausea benefits and is high in anti-oxidants.  No, the chai lattes I love are of the evil sugar-ridden variety.  According to an article in the Guardian, a chai latte can contain up to 20 teaspoons of sugar.  Yikes.

So that's why I only have them on Fridays!  Happy Chai Friday everyone!

Photo Credit - Pixabay

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday scones

I am not my hair

Top 3 Things to do in Rarotonga, Cook Islands