Get crafty!

My mother-in-law is wonderfully crafty.  She quilts, knits, sews and creates beautiful art.  She has a stall at Craftworld in West Auckland, a big warehouse-like real life version of Etsy.




Auckland is not short of craft markets, from Matakana market in the North to Clevedon Village markets in the South. 

Alas, I am not crafty in the least but I do like to admire the skill of independent sellers so we went to the General Collective market at the ASB showgrounds.  The turnout was massive, we spent ages trying to find a parking space. The variety of stalls and goods was vast, from children's toys to lovely ceramics.  I also discovered Felt - an online marketplace for New Zealand made goods, where many of the exhibitors sell their wares.

There were lots of food trucks and stalls too.  We had empanadas from Sabores and cakes from Scratch.  It was a lovely day out.

If you missed this one the next market day at ASB showgrounds in on 5 November 2017, great timing to get some early Christmas shopping in!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday scones

I am not my hair

Top 3 Things to do in Rarotonga, Cook Islands